TIPS FOR SCREEN PRINTING WITH METALLIC LOW CURE INK!
Our foil grade metallic ink comes in handy for a shiny and bright print. The ink contains actual metallic flakes that are added within the ink, creating a metallic look to your print. We have two options available either metallic gold or silver. The below print is metallic gold ink on 100% cotton black long sleeve shirt. For this print, we used 86 mesh two times.
1. We recommend using 86-158 mesh and cure at 240°F through the dryer.
2. Metallic Inks take longer to cure because the metallic flakes in the ink reflect the heat of the dryer.
13 Facts About Low Cure Ink:
- Flexible, soft, and has excellent opacity on dark color garments
- Bleed and crack resistant
- No catalyst needed
- Will not shrink or melt heat sensitive materials (nylon, non woven bags, polypropylene, etc.)
- Adheres to thicker fabrics (50% cotton/ 50% polyester sweatshirts, raincoats, etc.)
- Covers fibers on 100% cotton
- Prevents dye migration on 100% polyester, 50/50 sweatshirts, and sublimated polyester
- Can be used as a transfer ink and foil adhesive
- Prevents the elimination of toxic atoms from PVC Polymer and the formation of HCI (Hydro-Chloride Gas)
- You may no longer need ink cleaners made with petro-chemicals such as blended solvents
- Saves energy, consumption, and space
- Reduces energy bill and emissions
- Increases production